Lexer provides the data, tools and team to help retailers genuinely understand and engage with customers.
We’re a small team, handling big data, using the latest in technology.
Lexer processes 5.5 billion points of data a day relying on technology like Elasticsearch, AWS, Terraform, and Buildkite – all with a very small team.
We’re looking for a DevOps/Infrastructure Engineer to help drive innovation, security, and stability as our business grows.
It’s a great opportunity for someone with enterprise IT experience who wants to break into a more agile, “start-up” style environment.
The full story:
Managing the infrastructure in a business processing these kinds of numbers requires diligence, action, and a whole lot of attention for detail.
At Lexer, we juggle these attributes each and every day – trying to operate a highly secure and stable environment, while running the latest tech, and of course, keeping the AWS bill to a minimum.
We’re looking for someone who can help our small team maintain our hundreds of servers and services, and improve many of our approaches across real-time data processing, search, global data distribution, rapid build processes, a near-zero-downtime status, and security.
We expect you to have:
- Familiarity with AWS, EC2, Cloudwatch, S3, SQS, IAM and general AWS security
- ICT security policy/procedures
- Must have some Linux and Docker experience
- Willingness to work with and learn various languages, python, shell, ruby, scala, golang
- An understanding of Infrastructure as Code, or better, experience with Terraform
- Enforcing security and integrity controls
- System security and disaster recovery planning
- Troubleshooting, support in diagnosing, resolving and repairing server-related hardware and software malfunctions
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools
- Monitoring network performance
- Attention to detail, and personal pride in the quality of your work
- An ability to work with developers to help build the best product possible
- Develop strategies to minimise the risk of security threats
Any knowledge, or a passion to learn about:
- Elasticsearch or Lucene
- AWS ECS, Lambda, ASG, Aurora, Batch, and more
- High-volume data platforms
- Software development