At Lexer, we help make complex data simple for retail businesses, and our roadmap is jam-packed full of market-first features. To help deliver our roadmap we’re expanding our St Kilda based Development Team.
Our stack consists of a React frontend (with more and more Typescript by the day!) and a Ruby on Rails backend. These both work together to make available huge amounts of data indexed into Elasticsearch from our data processing pipelines (these are mostly written in Python and Scala and are tied together using Serverless AWS technologies, such as Lambda and SQS).
The full story:
Lexer helps retail brands put their customer data to work to genuinely understand and engage with their customers.
Our development team helps by managing a complex data processing pipeline that churns through over 5.5 Billion data points a day; built-in Python and lots of AWS. Our Dashboards; A React front-end powered by a Rails back-end; allows our users to put all that data to work. The tools are used hundreds of times a day by Australia’s most recognised brands.
We run a tight agile ship with a small team, take pride in our innovation, work closely as a company, work hard at growing our team’s skills and abilities, and, clearly, are obsessed with data.
We love people who take pride in their work, obsess over the details – but insist on shipping often, don’t let roadblocks get in their way, and love to learn new skills.
We’re hoping you have…
- Production experience with React, Ruby/Python, and PostgreSQL (or if you’re new to the game
– a Github repository with examples of code you’ve written)
- Knowledge of test driven development, security best practices
- An eye for code style and quality and a drive to continually improve
- Familiarity with Github (and perhaps build tools like Buildkite)
- Familiarity with Linux and Bash
- Fierce attention to detail, and personal pride in the quality of your work
- Ability to self-manage your work on large projects with other team members
And perhaps an interest in learning about:
- Elasticsearch, Scala, Graph Databases
- AWS technology like RDS, EC2, ECS, Lambda, and API Gateway
- DevOps, Infrastructure, and Security
- UX and UI approaches and design
- High-volume data platforms
In return you’ll be rewarded with:
- A diverse culture of values-driven, super smart people who like to have fun and are passionate about our mission.
- Being part of our many team rituals including daily trivia, cheese & wine Wednesdays, team cooked lunch Fridays and so much more…
- Heaps of team social events like our annual company ski-trip, Christmas family and friends event, team karaoke nights, trivia nights and team dinners.
Check us out on Instagram or Twitter @camplexer