At Lexer, we help make complex data simple for retail businesses, and our roadmap is jam-packed full of market-first features using a wide range of AWS services – leaning in heavily on serverless.
We’re looking to increase our DevOps team to better pair with our developers to build faster, more secure, and more resilient products for our customers.
We’re “all-in” on AWS, Infra-as-code, “no-pets”, CI/CD pipelines, and open source.
Although most of our team are located in Melbourne, Australia – We are open to Australian based remote workers.
The full story:
The Lexer Customer Data Platform helps brands and retailers genuinely understand their customers and engage them with the experiences they deserve.
How? Our Tech Team manages a complex data processing pipeline that churns through over 5.5 Billion data points a day; built with Python, Scala, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch and lots of AWS.
Did we say lots of AWS? We mean LOTS of AWS.
We’ve really leaned-in on all their toys: Lambda, Glue, API Gateway and Fargate, and have fully adopted the world of Infrastructure-as-code, “no pets”, etc.
As our Tech Team (along with the complexity of our system) grows, we’re looking to expand our DevOps team who help make sense of all these tools for our developers, while ensuring a high-security, high-performance, and, yes, low-cost operation.
We run a tight agile ship with a small team, take pride in our innovation, work closely as a company, work hard at growing our team’s skills and abilities, and are obsessed with data.
We love people who take pride in their work, obsess over the details (but still ship often), people who want to work with others on challenging problems and people who will help each other at clearing roadblocks that get in the way.
Although this role expects industry experience, we’re open to speaking with developers who might be looking for a change of perspective – as we see this role as being as much about developer experience as it is about services and servers.
In the first few months:
- Pair with developers to help prepare new services for deployment
- Help upgrade deeply entrenched services like ElasticSearch
- Help the team complete their adoption of AWS Glue, Apache Spark, and DataBricks
In the future, you will:
- Help optimise our Buildkite and DevOps flow for faster deployments
- Help migrate more services from Containers on EC2 to Serverless
- Undertake large strategic projects to prepare Lexer for the next wave of scale
- Automate: Provide tools for everyday tasks that help build efficiencies and redundancies
- Collaborate: With the development team to create new tools and services to speed up our operation
- Secure: Enforce process and procedure to help maintain a highly-secure platform
- Optimise: Constantly improve and optimise our platform to improve stability, performance, and usability
- Innovate: Work with the entire team to find new opportunities to build, support and optimise
We’re hoping you have:
- Experience with multi-region, production AWS – We use ES2, S3, Lambda, Glue, API Gateway, Fargate, RDS, S3, SQS and more
- Experience with Linux, Docker, Bash and related services such as OpenVPN, etc
- Experience with Terraform, Python, CI/CD Pipelines (we use Buildkite), GitHub
- Knowledge of Elasticsearch, PostgresSQL
- Experience working with strict compliance and security requirements
In return you’ll be rewarded with:
- A diverse culture of values-driven, super smart people who like to have fun and are passionate about our mission
- A flexible, friendly, and inclusive work environment
- Being part of our many team rituals including daily trivia, and outside of the current Covid-19 lockdowns: cheese & wine Wednesdays, team cooked lunch Fridays and so much more…
- As well as heaps of team social events like our annual company ski-trip, Christmas family and friends event, team karaoke nights, trivia nights and team dinners