At Lexer, we help make complex data simple for retail businesses, and our roadmap is jam-packed full of market-first features. We’re looking for backend developers to code, test and ship deep integrations with the data platforms (e.g. Mailchimp, Shopify etc.) that our clients use and to help design and build the next generation of our data ingestion APIs.
Behind the scenes we have built a data ingestion and processing pipeline (mostly written in Python and Scala) that is tied together using AWS technologies such as Lambda and SQS. This pipeline is responsible for importing retail data (e.g. transactions, conversions, customer attributes etc.) from many different sources and indexing it into Elasticsearch.
The full story:
Lexer helps retail brands put their customer data to work to genuinely understand and engage with their customers.
Our development team helps by managing a complex data processing pipeline that churns through over 5.5 Billion data points a day; built with Python, Scala, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch and lots of AWS. All of this data is put in the hands of our users via our front end user interface – a single page React application powered by a Rails back-end. The tools are used hundreds of times a day by Australia’s most recognised brands.
We run a tight agile ship with a small team, take pride in our innovation, work closely as a company, work hard at growing our team’s skills and abilities, and are obsessed with data.
We love people who take pride in their work, obsess over the details (but still ship often), people who want to work with others on challenging problems and people who will help each other at clearing roadblocks that get in the way.
In your first few months you will:
- Build new integrations in Python with third party data platforms (we currently have ~20 integrations e.g. Shopify, Mailchimp etc)
- Maintain our existing integrations, keeping up to date with changes to third party APIs and ensuring that they continue to help our clients meet the outcomes they require
- Become the subject matter expert in how to best work with the systems we integrate with
In the future you will:
- Develop our integrations into a powerful, scalable and reliable data connection system that our users can configure and manage themselves
- Target integrations directly into the new Lexer Customer API
- Explore real-time streaming and webhook integrations to help our users put their data to work
We’re hoping you have:
- Production experience with Python (or maybe Ruby, Scala or…)
- Experience with writing code that uses AWS services such as SQS, S3, Lambda, ECS, API Gateway etc.s
- Experience with Elasticsearch and/or PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of software testing and information security best practices
- An eye for code style and quality and a drive to continually improve
- Familiarity with Github, Linux, Docker and build tools such as Buildkite
- Experience working in a dev ops environment (e.g. with automated testing and deployment, infrastructure as code, application monitoring etc.)
- Fierce attention to detail, and personal pride in the quality of your work
- Ability to self-manage your work on large projects with other team members
In return you’ll be rewarded with:
- A diverse culture of values-driven, super smart people who like to have fun and are passionate about our mission.
- Being part of our many team rituals including daily trivia, cheese & wine Wednesdays, team cooked lunch Fridays and so much more…
- Heaps of team social events like our annual company ski-trip, Christmas family and friends event, team karaoke nights, trivia nights and team dinners.
Check us out on Instagram or Twitter @camplexer