About this role
Lexer provide the data, tools and team to help companies genuinely understand and engage current and prospective customers.
We’re a small team handling big data.
In fact, we manage one of the largest ES clusters in the southern hemisphere, processing around 400 million events per day, and our upgrade to a new version has even been featured by Elasticsearch themselves.
Today, we’re looking for a friendly and conscientious person for a DevOps role in an AWS and Linux environment. You’ll work in a small team creating and supporting systems for your fellow workmates and clients.
You’ll be working on cutting-edge tech stuff, and we really mean that. Last year, the team completely rewrote our architecture to accommodate our expansion into the US and beyond.
In terms of describing our culture, we won’t give you the generic “work hard, play hard” line.
Yes, Fridays do feature screenings of RuPaul’s Drag Race, and yes we do take the entire company to the snow each August for an introvert and extrovert-friendly weekend of red wine and slow cookery, but it’s the day to day moments which really make Lexer life great.
Every morning, the CFO or Founder will make you a coffee and your colleague will ask you how you’re feeling, with feeling. We’re also proud to accommodate work and life, and profoundly allergic to bro culture in all its sweaty guises.
If this sounds like the type of culture you’d love to grow in (as an employee, not a strain of bacteria we mean) then please read on.
- Develop new tools that assist projects with infrastructure and deployment
- Work in a small team that maintains hundreds of Linux and Docker systems
- Keeping our platform up and running and 100% compliant
Suitable candidates must have
- Experience with AWS infrastructure
- Knowledge of Linux and Docker
- An understanding of infrastructure as code
- Uncompromising pride in your work and respect for the security of the data we hold
You’re a good fit if
- You have experience with CI/CD pipeline development
- You understand immutable infrastructure style methodology
- You’re accountable and reliable
- You are organized. You are positive. You are excited to come to work bright and early every day!
- Some familiarity with ElasticSearch would be well regarded
- You respect the sensitivity of private customer data
- You have familiarity with the pace of a start-up environment or want to get into this space
(…. We know this is all pretty new stuff, so if you want to learn it, then you’re probably a good fit too!)
Founded in Australia in 2008, Lexer is a SaaS company that helps brands engage genuinely with their customers.
Lexer combines client data and software to help companies engage with their customers and prospects. We turn client data into actionable insights that links customer life-stages with behaviors and demographics.
Lexer works with market leaders across many industries — from Qantas to Billabong to SEEK and others — to embrace a data-first operating culture using the latest in machine learning and data modeling techniques.
The Lexer family consists of three groups:
- Product & Data: build and maintain a world class product
- Operations: finance, legal, HR, marketing & admin
- Sales & Success: win, grow and retain happy clients
We believe in and live by these values daily – they’re essential to our success and it’s important you know and understand them.
Clients. Clients. Clients: Without clients we don’t have a company, jobs or fun. So think of the clients first
You, us, we: The people with the best people win. So aim higher than ‘good enough’
Champagne taste. Beer budget: Good things don’t have to cost the earth, be frugal and efficient
Simplicity is greater than complexity: Simple is hard to make, but easy to use. Aspire to simplicity
Trust and be trusted: You are empowered to fail and trusted to succeed. Act responsibly, seek guidance, and adapt
Commit to commit: It is highly improbable that everyone will agree on everything. Commit to maintaining the pace
How are you feeling: Be a friend to your team members, say hi, greet them with warmth and they will return the same