Lexer provide the data, tools and team to help companies genuinely understand and engage with customers.
We’re a small team handling big data, using the latest in technology.
Lexer processes 5.5 billion points of data a day relying on technology like Elasticsearch, AWS, Terraform, and Buildkite – all with a very small team.
We’re looking for a DevOps/Infrastructure Engineer to help drive innovation, security, and stability as our business grows.
The full story:
Managing the infrastructure in a business processing these kinds of numbers requires diligence, an entrepreneurial spirit for innovation, and a whole lot of passion for detail.
At Lexer, we juggle these attributes each and every day – trying to operate a highly secure and stable environment, while running the latest tech, and of course, keeping the AWS bill to a minimum.
We’re looking for someone who can help our small team maintain our hundreds of servers and services, and improve many of our approaches across: real-time data processing, search, global data distribution, rapid build processes, a near-zero-downtime status, and security.
We expect you to have:
- Experience with AWS EC2, S3, SQS, IAM and general AWS security
- Knowledge of Linux and Docker
- An understanding of Infrastructure as Code, or better, experience with Terraform
- Experience with CI/CD tools
- A fierce attention to detail, and personal pride in the quality of your work
- An ability to work with developers to help build the best product possible
Any knowledge, or a passion to learn about:
- Elasticsearch or Lucene
- Graph Databases
- AWS ECS, Lambda, Kinesis, ASG, Aurora, Batch, Athena, and more
- High-volume data platforms
- Software development
If this is you, we would love to hear from you. We want you to rock our customers’ world with us.