Lexer helps make complex data simple for marketers and customer service teams; and we’re looking to expand our Ruby/Rails team to help manage our ever growing list of dashboards, features, and tools.
Behind our gorgeous UI (React) sits our constantly evolving, but often neglected Rails app – which is calling out for some love from an experienced Ruby developer.
The full story:
No doubt you may have recently received a poorly targeted email from a business you bought something from, and that’s because businesses are having a really hard time putting their customer data to work. Lexer exists to solve exactly that.
We have a complex data processing pipeline that churns through over 5.5 Billion data points a day – Our Dashboards; A React front-end powered by a Rails back-end; allows our users to put all that data to work.
The tools are used hundreds of times a day by Australia’s most recognised brands.
Our dashboard is our last monolith left to move to a more “modern” approach to web development.
We run a tight agile ship, take pride in our use of the latest and greatest technology and, clearly, are obsessed with data.
We love people who take pride in their work, obsess over the details – but insist on shipping often, don’t let roadblocks get in their way, and love to learn new skills.
We’re hoping you have:
- Production experience with Ruby on Rails, relational databases, and search engines like Elasticsearch
- A strong compliance to test driven development, security best practices, and code style and quality
- Familiarity with Github and build tools such as Buildkite or similar
- A fierce attention to detail, and personal pride in the quality of your work
- Ability to self-manage your work on large projects with other team members
And perhaps an interest in learning about:
- Elasticsearch, Scala, Graph Databases
- AWS technology like RDS, EC2, ECS, Lambda, and API Gateway
- DevOps, Infrastructure, and Security
- UX and UI approaches and design
- High-volume data platforms
- Technical team leadership
Check us out on Instagram or Twitter @camplexer