At Lexer, we help make complex data simple for retail businesses, and our roadmap is jam-packed full of market-first features. To help deliver our roadmap we’re expanding our St Kilda based Development Team.
We’re looking for entry-level web developers with a flair for APIs, AWS, Ruby, SQL, Python, or Scala.
The full story:
Ever wondered why you get so many irrelevant emails from e-commerce sites? or, get spammed online for products you’ve already purchased? or, be frustrated when a sales assistant doesn’t have all your details on file? So have we, and that’s why we started Lexer:
Lexer helps retail brands put their customer data to work to genuinely understand and engage with their customers.
Our development team helps by managing a complex data processing pipeline that churns through over 5.5 Billion data points a day; built-in Python and lots of AWS. Our Dashboards; A React front-end powered by a Rails back-end; allows our users to put all that data to work.
The tools are used hundreds of times a day by Australia’s most recognised brands.
We need your help to build more awesome features into our product along with the continuous refinement of our existing products and features.
We run a tight agile ship with a small team, take pride in our innovation, work closely as a company, work hard at growing our team’s skills and abilities, and, clearly, are obsessed with data.
We love people who take pride in their work, obsess over the details – but insist on shipping often, don’t let roadblocks get in their way, and love to learn new skills.
We’re hoping you have…
…Some production experience in writing and shipping code. But Lexer has a great culture of taking bright individuals straight from University and helping them become great developers.
So at a minimum, please have:
- A Github repository with examples of code you’ve written
- Some experience in taking code from a text editor all the way into production – even if it’s just some weekend experiments
- An understanding of different API types and approaches, Databases, Web applications and concepts of test-driven-development
- Familiarity with Linux and bash
- An interest in data analytics and insights
- Fierce attention to detail, and personal pride in the quality of your work
- Ability to self-manage your work on large projects with other team members
Check us out on Instagram or Twitter @camplexer