At Lexer, we help make complex data simple for retail businesses, and our roadmap is jam-packed full of market-first features. To help deliver our roadmap we’re expanding our St Kilda based Development Team.
We’re looking for individuals with 3+ years in production web development with a familiarity of React, Modern JS, and Ruby.
The full story:
Ever wondered why you get so many irrelevant emails from e-commerce sites? or, get spammed online for products you’ve already purchased? or, be frustrated when a sales assistant doesn’t have all your details on file? So have we, and that’s why we started Lexer:
Lexer helps retail brands put their customer data to work to genuinely understand and engage with their customers.
Our development team helps by managing a complex data processing pipeline that churns through over 5.5 Billion data points a day; built-in Python and lots of AWS. Our Dashboards; A React front-end powered by a Rails back-end; allows our users to put all that data to work.
The tools are used hundreds of times a day by Australia’s most recognised brands.
We need your help to build more awesome features into our product – a new dashboard for customer statistics, a predictive engine for retail brands to tell them the next action they should take for each-and-every customer, and a tablet optimised web app for sales assistants to use in-store. Along with continuous refinement of our existing products and features.
We run a tight agile ship with a small team, take pride in our innovation, work closely as a company, work hard at growing our team’s skills and abilities, and, clearly, are obsessed with data.
We love people who take pride in their work, obsess over the details – but insist on shipping often, don’t let roadblocks get in their way, and love to learn new skills.
We’re hoping you have:
- Production experience with React, Ruby, and PostgreSQL
- Worked with Back-End Developers to integrate with API’s and collaborate on great user experiences
- A strong compliance to test driven development, security best practices, and code style and quality
- Familiarity with Github and build tools such as Buildkite or similar
- Fierce attention to detail, and personal pride in the quality of your work
- Ability to self-manage your work on large projects with other team members
And perhaps an interest in learning about:
- Elasticsearch, Scala, Graph Databases
- AWS technology like RDS, EC2, ECS, Lambda, and API Gateway
- DevOps, Infrastructure, and Security
- UX and UI approaches and design
- High-volume data platforms
- Technical team leadership
Check us out on Instagram or Twitter @camplexer