About this role
The Business Development Manager is responsible for all new business development. This person will identify business opportunities, build prospect relationships, negotiate and close business deals across the Lexer portfolio of solutions.
The Business Development Manager will use a consultative sales style to create, implement and manage a strategy to achieve aggressive new business sales goals.
- Enthusiastically pursue and close key sales prospects by managing a 90 day pipeline of opportunities.
- Maintain a high level of activities to ensure a pipeline of qualified prospects
- Learn about the Lexer suite of products and act as ‘trusted-advisor’ to clients.
- Build genuine relationships with prospects to foster multi-year and enterprise contract agreements.
- Design the recommended solution, creating clear and impactful proposals
- Handle sales contract negotiations.
- Accurately report on sales activity and forecast sales via the CRM.
- Work with global sales team to leverage marketing and sales material.
You’re a good fit if:
- You’re self-motivated and driven to succeed in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- You love clients. You easily and quickly build rapport and you take the position of “trusted-advisor” with sincerity.
- You can communicate intricate topics and map them back to clear client-focused solutions
- You see your stakeholders as partners, and know how to leverage their skill-set to deliver effective, high-impact outcomes.
- You have a natural ability to manage complex sales processes involving multiple stakeholders.
- You can interpret legal terminology and keep the company in mind when reviewing contracts.
- You’re a self-starter, accountable and trustworthy
- You are entrepreneurial and commercially astute
- You’re positive and excited to come to work every day!
- You’ve been selling data technology solutions or SaaS tools to large and mid-size organisations for 10+ years.
- You are a high-achiever and target exceeder ready to hit the ground in a new, fresh and highly innovative environment.
- You’re the type of person who remains in contact with old clients. As such, you’ll bring a network of senior marketing contacts across digital marketing teams within Retail, Home Goods, and/or Travel & Hospitality Companies.
Background on Lexer
Founded in Australia in 2008, Lexer is a SaaS company that helps brands engage genuinely with their customers.
Lexer combines client data and software to help companies engage with their customers and prospects. We turn client data into actionable insights that links customer life-stages with behaviors and demographics.
Lexer works with market leaders across many industries — from Qantas to Billabong to SEEK and others — to embrace a data-first operating culture using the latest in machine learning and data modeling techniques.
The Lexer team consists of three Groups:
- Product & Data: Build and maintain world class product
- Operations: Finance, legal, HR, marketing & admin
- Sales & Success: Win, grow and retain happy clients
We believe in and live by these values daily – they’re essential to our success and it’s important you know and understand them.
Clients. Clients. Clients: Without clients we don’t have a company, jobs or fun. So think of clients first when making every decision.
You, us, we: The people with the best people win. So never, ever let mediocrity exist.
Careful craft: Getting the job done is good, but not good enough. So over deliver with care and polish, we call this done, done.
Champagne taste. Beer budget: Good things don’t have to cost the earth. So be wise and frugal when you spend money.
Simplicity > Complexity: Simple is hard to make and easy to use. So make everything as simple as humanly possible.
Trust and be trusted: You are empowered to fail. And trusted to succeed. So be responsible, seek guidance not approval and celebrate success.
Problem solve: Problems are cheap and easy. Solutions are hard and valuable. So look for problems to discover the opportunity.
Design for scale: Scale is difficult to scale. So make decisions and progress to support tomorrow, today.
Commit to commit: It is highly improbable that we will agree on everything. So commit to maintain our pace.
How are you feeling?: The antidote to uncertainty is understanding. So ask how are you feeling? With feeling.
Challenge Convention: Use your experience to do things differently. Progress without change isn’t progress.