Create beautiful user-focused design, in this new role at an Australia-made SaaS startup in no danger of slowing down.
Headquartered in Melbourne, with offices in Sydney and Orange County, Lexer employ a talented team of 40 with an immediate budgeted plan to hire another 30+ amazing people over the next 12 months or less.
Together, we’ll help some of Australia’s biggest companies rapidly evolve their data cultures and have a lot of fun along the way.
We are looking for a talented mid-level User Interface (UI) Designer to help us build data-heavy products; where you’ll be responsible for be taking ideas and wireframes and turning them into something beautiful, to go into front end build.
You may currently work at an agency or larger corporate, and be looking to work in a smaller, more agile and tech-savvy team. Make the move into challenging projects you can own.
You will create pixel-perfect designs, work with the product team to help nurture those designs into production, and continually mature Lexer’s design system. Your work with the Product leadership and development team to solve problems will always have the user’s point of view front of mind.
This role is based in our St Kilda HQ in Melbourne.
USE YOUR SKILLS TO…
- Design for new features, working very closely with our developers, data nerds and founder;
- Become an integral part of the product team and working on our current pipeline of projects;
- Create a design system for Lexer’s engagement hub of SaaS products. The when, where, what, why and how we visually build our products. This is your main strategic goal to begin with, and will be a body of work to be proud of once complete;
- As part of the design system creation, you will conduct a comprehensive audit of the current design of our SaaS products.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with, and communicate with developers, taking design through to production;
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions;
- Demonstrate graphic design skills with evidence of a strong portfolio;
- Show proficiency in Sketch (preferably) or other visual design software;
- Have experience in UX software (e.g. InVision, Axure RP, UXPin, Balsamiq etc.);
- Be experienced creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and sitemaps;
- Possess a solid grasp of user-centered design;
- Be able to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently;
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism;
- Have worked in an Agile/Scrum development process (as a plus).
Our ideal person will:
Does this sound like you?
Send your resume through to firstname.lastname@example.org. You’ll be working with a talented and highly experienced team always eager to share their skills, expertise and stories on the job and over a coffee – or even something stronger (come and meet us on Wine & Cheese Wednesdays!).
Check us out on Instagram or Twitter @camplexer
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Recruitment Firm Representatives:
Lexer, Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Lexer via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Lexer. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by us as a result of the referral or through other means.