Join an Australian success story as we adventure through the USA! Lexer are a SaaS business in no danger of slowing down.
Headquartered in Melbourne, Australia with offices in Sydney and Orange County, Lexer employ a talented team of 40 and are expanding our US operation – that’s where you come in!
We’re looking for accomplished new Business & Sales professionals who will discover and win enterprise clients. Together, we’ll help some of world’s biggest companies rapidly evolve their data cultures and have a lot of fun along the way.
Lexer puts data to work, so companies can genuinely engage with customers and prospects; treating each of them as individual humans.
Our tools help all teams learn from data, share insights, and drive personalisation within a single unified dashboard.
We offer a ground floor opportunity as part of a fast-growing tech organization. We believe that promoting from within is the best way to fill our leadership roles. As our US business expands, so too do your career opportunities.
Compensation for the Business Development Representative role is a mixture of base salary and commission. Australians like to work hard and play hard! Therefore we provide an excellent benefits package and believe in a healthy work/life balance for our employees.
This role is based in our Orange County office, with a beautiful beach view!
We are looking for an ambitious and talented Business Development Representative (Inside Sales) to join our Sales team.
The Business Development Representative (BDR) is a role that encapsulates Sales and Marketing with the purpose of generating leads and turning leads into opportunities.
The BDR is responsible for supporting the Sales team throughout the entire sales cycle. This includes a focus on qualification of all leads, development of qualified opportunities and working together with the team through the full sales cycle.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a methodical approach for creating demand and identifying potential opportunities within large brands and businesses across the US.
- Love research: prospect potential clients through Internet research, social media, and cold calling;
- Be great on the phone and over email, crafting easy-to-read, compelling emails;
- Focus on goals: use email automation software to send an high volume of emails per day, make multiple phone calls per day, and will hit or exceed your monthly quota;
- Run initial discovery sessions to qualify opportunities and set meetings;
- Demonstrate the value proposition of Lexer’s SaaS offering and services and being able to deliver that message to different types of clients;
- Have an aggressive “hunter” mentality and be adept in using creative efforts in the cold calling process;
- Manage all contacts and leads in our CRM to accurately and efficiently process all opportunities;
- Acquire a high-level competency in the full suite of Lexer products.
You’re a good fit if
You enjoy every part of sales — meeting with people, chatting up a storm, and, of course, closing the deal.
You’re a self-starter — you don’t need a ton of direction and can find leads on your own. We’re there to answer questions and train you, but you’ll be in charge of your success.
You handle rejection well (a necessary part of sales) and determine what you could do differently the next time around.
You’re organized. You will come to the table with your own systems and ways of working that are well thought-out and help track your progress.
You’re positive and excited to come to work every day!
You have an understanding of MS Office/Apple product suite and Google docs; experience with CRM software a plus!
A personal interest / passion for data-related projects and technology is also a definite positive.
- Sales or Account Management experience;
- Verifiable track record of success in sales;
- Internet/digital background;
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills;
- Familiarity with CRM tools;
- Start-up experience a plus;
- High achievement in college a big plus;
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Perks and Benefits
- We provide a minimum of 4 weeks paid holiday leave per year, plus 2 weeks paid leave for those times when you’re unwell (or need time off to care for a family or household member who is unwell);
- Professional development opportunities;
- Generous health, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents;
- Plus other benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Recruitment Firm Representatives:
Lexer, Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Lexer via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Lexer. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by us as a result of the referral or through other means.
Does this sound like you?
You’ll be working with a talented and highly experienced team always eager to share their skills, expertise and stories on the job and over a coffee – or even something stronger (come and meet us on Wine & Cheese Wednesdays!). Check us out on Instagram or Twitter @camplexer